Seeking work? Looking to upgrade your career? Think of @WORK as just one of many available resources in your job-hunting tool box. @WORK encourages job seekers to use a multi-pronged approach to job searching. On a regular basis, check multiple job boards, network with friends and former colleagues, apply to various employment agencies, check CalJobs, search local and regional company websites for open opportunities and follow up right away with any leads. The perfect job awaits, so go get it! We look forward to being a career resource for you.
The @Work Hiring Process
We want you to know what to expect from us. Our job at @WORK is to match the right employees to the right employers (our clients). The process below ensures not only that our clients are presented the most qualified individuals, but also that when we send a job seeker to a client company, there is a much higher likelihood of successfully landing the job since we have pre-screened these candidates based on client requirements. The hiring process varies somewhat depending on type of position and employer needs but follows this general outline:
1. Review Current Job Openings posted on the @WORK job board and submit you interest in a position through the APPLY NOW button (takes about 1 mimute). We use this pre-application to quickly review applicants interested in a specific position.
2. Complete the @Work Online Application - This puts your information into our database of available candidates and is not tied to a specific job posting. We access this proprietary database first to search for qualified applicants when positions open up - even before posting an ad for a position. You do not need to apply for a specific position to register with @WORK and we will ask every potential candidate to complete this application (10 minutes).
3. Phone Interview - If your resume/application tell us you are a good fit for an open position, we will call you to set up an interview. If not, we have your information on file for other opportunities and will call when a good fit arises. (5-10 minutes)
4. In-Person Interview and Employee Registration Packet - If based on the initial interview our recruiters feel you are a good fit for an open position, or for an upcoming open position, they will ask you to complete the registration packet and come by our office for a one-time in person interview. You can complete the electronic packet from home, save it and either print or email it back to us. We will ask you to sign it when you come by the office. We will also ask you to view a clerical or light industrial safety video and take a quick quiz, all of which can be done online from the comfort of your home or here at the office. (45 minutes)
5. Paperwork Done - After the in-person interview, we present you to the client. Depending on the type of position, the client may conduct one more in-person interview at their location. As soon as the client notifies us of their hiring decision, we will contact you with the news and provide you any information you will need to arrive prepared on your first day.
6. Hired! - The whole reason you came here. We' provide all the information you will need to start your new job on the right track.
Should a particular opportunity not pan out, don't worry! You made it this far in the process because we think you have a great deal of hiring potential and we will actively seek out opportunities for you, letting you know when a potential job match comes up.
In the meantime, we encourage you to continue the job hunt through multiple avenues and most importantly, never give up! There's a job out there with your name on it and persistence wins in the end, every time.
We want you to be safe. We want you to be prepared. And we know you can succeed. The following safety videos are required viewing for any @Work employee prior to being sent on an assignment. Pick the video and test that applies to you, spend a few minutes watching it and proceed to take the corresponding test. Test results are automatically sent to @Work.
Clerical Safety Training Video - View if applying for a clerical type of position, then take test.
Clerical Safety Test - Complete test online after Viewing Clerical Safety Video.
Light Industrial Safety Training Video - View if applying for a light industrial type of position, then take test.
Light Industrial Safey Test - Complete test online after Viewing Light Industrial Safety Video.
ProveIt Skills Testing - Used to gauge your skill level in a variety of software programs. If we need you to take a skills test through this site, we will provide you a unique login number.